Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall is Here

                                          Fall is Here!

I'm so excited about this fall season!  I am finally done with school and life has started to slow down enough to enjoy things again. I have now found enough time to get back on here and make some stuff happen.

One of the great things about fall is that hunting season has returned. This is only the second year that I have taken it on with my Hoyt by my side. I tell ya, there are still some nerves when I walk to the stand every since the coyote tried camping out with me in my blind last year. I love bow hunting so much but I will never go without a gun with me! So, it is still early in the season and the game cam has had a lot of activity. Here are just a few things that have been hanging around.

The majority of the pictures day and night are of this crazy looking spike. He seems to be friends with  everyone, even the coons and "screamer" the rabbit.

This guy reminds me of Crabclaw from last year.

And I quickly claimed this guy as mine, ALL mine! I get into the habit of naming what we see so Colt and I can say who we saw while hunting.  When I talk about this guy, his name is none other but Mr. Mine! HAHA

Hunting is a sport, it is an addiction, but, most importantly for us it means food. There is a sadness I feel every time there is a kill, and every time I was in lab dissecting and capturing animals in the name of science.  But there is also a good feeling when I know that I can make it through the winter months when we don't work because of the opportunity to hunt and fish. It has made us stronger as a family because everyone is involved and helping. My daughter turned eight this year and she has come to understand what this means for us. Maybe Santa will bring her a pink camo bow for Christmas! *wink* In school, the animals were already gone, and in the most humane ways. The captured animals were always released and learning their behavior was so valuable.  I think the best thing that could have happen did not happen to me. My daughter, Harli, took such an interest in Science. She was there through herpetology and ichthyology and she is in love with nature. 

Thanks to my pal JJ, Harli loves to go fishing, she even calls him "My fishing Buddy".  She is no longer fearful of killer mosquitos and her strange allergy to being bitten/stung. I am so proud of her!

Looks like it is going to be a good Fall to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment